80
General News Wed, 27 Mar 2019

Nyantakyi’s prosecution: We’ve submitted necessary evidence – Tiger Eye rebuts Attorney-General’s claim

Contrary to a claim by the Attorney-General, Sophia Akuffo that her department has requested for the necessary documentation from Tiger Eye P.I. in order to prosecute former President of the Ghana Football Association but is yet to receive such, the investigative firm says all evidences it gathered had been submitted accordingly.

While commenting on claims that government is dragging its feet and does not want to prosecute the embattled FA boss, Kwesi Nyantakyi, the Attorney-General suggested that her outfit cannot be blamed.

She said: “We will see prosecution; we have made that decision. But we need to have the full evidence and that may impact on what we have in draft now. I am surprised that the impression is being given that somewhat, we are not eager to prosecute. That, in fact, is unfair to this office.

“Particularly because we have been dealing directly with Anas and he knows the effort we have been putting in and what we are calling for and the fact that we have indicated what we need to enable us move on, which he has not supplied to us yet.”

However, Tiger Eye P.I in a press release, Wednesday said it had done the needful.

“We wish to state that Tiger Eye Pi has not delayed in providing all the necessary documentary proof for prosecution,” the statement said. “We have submitted all audiovisual and paper evidence in our custody to the office of the AG.

“The AG has always worked with documentary evidence supplied by Tiger Eye and has secured convictions. They always make sure they have all the necessary ingredients both audiovisual and paper works.

“The bigger picture of Je Suis Anas is to ensure that justice is not delayed. It does not mean we have lost trust or confidence in the AG and her office to prosecute these cases. The fact that a petition has been sent out does not mean nothing has happened. Our point is simple, we can be faster then we are,” it added.



Mr. Nyantakyi has been banned for life from all football-related activities and in addition, will pay 500,000 Swiss Francs (2,613,051.58) for breaching FIFA’s conflict of interest and other corruption rules.

The ban follows an undercover sting investigation by ace investigative journalist Anas Aremeyaw Anas. That investigation was shown in a documentary titled #Number 12 and it uncovered bribery and corruption related activities by referees, and other football administrators.

The former GFA president was caught in the video peddling influence and demanding from the supposed investor, who unknown to him was an undercover investigative journalist, an amount of money to settle Ghana’s president, vice and other ministers of state.

Nyantakyi told the investigator an amount of $11million will be enough to settle the most influential politicians in the country and facilitate his business activities in the country. He also told the investor to pay him a percentage of the sponsorship sum that was to go into sponsoring the Ghana Premier League.

Source: www.Ghanaweb.com
Related Articles: