Click to read all about coronavirus →
1. BSYA- Accra have heard with sadness the gruesome murder of Mr. Agbedemnab, a young man from the Baasa Community of the Builsa South District on 20th May, 2020 at around 9pm, in Fumbisi.
2. We wish to express our deepest condolence to the family of the deceased. Never again should Builsa South District witness such an incident!
3. We condemn in no uncertain terms the barbaric act which has soiled our beloved peaceful District with blood.
4. We acknowledge the swift interventions of the District Security Committee (DISEC), the District Police Command, the Chiefs of Fumbisi and Wiesi and their respective sub-chiefs concerned, the Assembly persons of the communities concerned and all other opinion leaders that ensured that calm and peace prevailed in the District. We urge them to continue to work hard to maintain the peace while we call loudly on DISEC chaired by the DCE, Hon. Daniel Gariba and all the authorities concerned to expedite action on bringing the perpetrators of this heinous crime to book. It is said Justice delayed is justice denied.
5. BSYA also urges the Fumbisi and Wiesi chiefs and their respective sub-chiefs of the communities concerned to continue to show leadership by collaborating with the investigative bodies and prevailing on their subjects to remain calm and assist to quickly resolve this case devoid of suspicions.
6. We further call urgently on the District Police Command, the Regional Command and the Minister of Interior to act fast and swift to avert any planned reprisal attacks and to avoid bloodshed in our land that has always been peaceful.
7. BSYA also urges all our youth to exercise restraint in their commentary but rather assist the security forces with information to apprehend the culprits and bring them to justice.
Signed Signed Signed
Philip A. Akumasi Joseph Ataawiyueni Andrew Awonnab
(Chairman) ( General Secretary) (PRO)
GhanaWeb is not responsible for the reportage or opinions of contributors published on the website. Read our disclaimer.
Send your news stories to and via WhatsApp on +233 55 2699 625.