The governing New Patriotic Party (NPP) on Saturday, August 22, 2020, unveiled its manifesto at Cape Coast as part of the campaign for the next general election.
With a theme, “Protecting our Progress, Transforming Ghana for All,” the manifesto outlines programmes of action if President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo is retained for a second term on December 7, 2020.
Below are President Akufo-Addo’s agenda for industrialisation as captured in the manifesto.
- Support Made-in-Ghana products, including supporting the use of local raw materials;
- Renew emphasis on component assembly, not just for automobiles, but also for home appliances, to meet our growing domestic demand;
- Deepen and expand 1D1F in diversity and national coverage;
- Focus on implementing the integrated bauxite and aluminium industry as well as the iron and steel industry;
- Establish more Special Economic Zones (SEZ).
Below is a summary of the 2020 manifesto of the NPP.