Okomfo Kolegae is a Kumawood actor
Kumawood actor Okomfo Kolegae has publicly denied being a member of Freemasonry after digitally altered photos portraying him in attire associated with the organisation circulated widely on social media.
The actor addressed the issue in a Facebook post on Thursday, August 20, 2026, warning the public against believing or sharing content that uses his image to suggest that he is affiliated with Freemasonry.
According to Okomfo Kolegae, the photos currently circulating online were not genuine images of him but had been digitally manipulated by an unidentified individual without his permission.
He explained that the person behind the images took his original photographs and edited them to make it appear as though he is associated with Freemasonry.
"Please be informed that someone is using my photos without my permission and digitally editing them to make it appear that I am associated with Freemasonry.
"Let me state this clearly: I am NOT a member of Freemasonry, and I have not authorised anyone to use my image to promote, advertise, recruit, or make statements on behalf of any such organisation," he said.
Somafo Yawoh consoles Okomfo Kolege at mother’s funeral
In his statement, the Kumawood actor urged his followers and members of the public to exercise caution and avoid engaging with accounts or messages that use his identity to promote or make claims about Freemasonry.
He specifically advised the public not to believe or share such content, warning that doing so could further spread what he described as false information about him.
“I strongly advise everyone not to engage with, believe, or share any account or message using my identity for this purpose,” he cautioned.
Okomfo Kolegae also stressed that his public image and reputation are important parts of his career and personal brand.
He said he considers the unauthorised use of his photographs and the impersonation involved in the matter to be serious.
"My image and reputation are part of my brand, and I take impersonation and the unauthorised use of my photos very seriously," he said.
He disclosed that steps were already being taken to address the situation, including reporting the accounts responsible for the content.
"The necessary steps are being taken to report the accounts and address the matter. Please share this post so nobody is misled. Thank you for your understanding and continued support," he concluded.