Professor John Evans Fiifi Atta Mills was born on July 21st, 1944, at Tarkwa in the Western Region of Ghana and hails from Ekumfi Otuam in the Mfantsiman East Constituency of the Central Region. He launched a lifelong interest in acquiring knowledge at Achimota.
Continue reading »
- Member of the Ghana Stock Exchange Council
- Board of Trustees, Mines Trust
- Management Committee Member of, Commonwealth Administration of Tax Experts, United Nations Ad Hoc Group of Experts in International Cooperation in Tax Matters, and United Nations Law and Population Project
- A Study on Equipment Leasing in Ghana Casebook preparation on Ghana's Income Tax Review of Ghana's Double Tax Agreement with the U.K
- In 1988, John Evans Atta Mills became the acting Commissioner of the Internal Revenue Service of Ghana and named Commissioner in September 1996.
- In 1997, Prof. Mills received another important appointment when on January 7, 1997, he was sworn-in as the Vice President of the Republic of Ghana.
- In 2002, Prof. Mills was a visiting scholar at the Liu Centre for the Study of Global Affairs, University of British Columbia, Canada. In December 2002, John Evans Atta Mills was elected by his party to be its flag bearer and led them into the 2004 elections.
- John Evans Atta Mills was reelected in December 2006 by an overwhelming 81.4%, beating three other contestants, to once again have the mandate to lead his party into the 2008 general elections.
- January 3rd 2009-Professor Mills declared President-Elect in the 2008 elections. He had 4,521,032 votes representing 50.32 percent beating his rival Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo of the ruling New Patriotic Party (NPP) who had 4,480,446 votes representing 49.77 percent
- January 7th, 2009 Professor Mills sworn in as the Third President of the Republic of Ghana.
Some notable News articles
- Open your eyes and you will see the projects - Mills tells critics
- President Atta Mills of Ghana on May Day 2010
- President John Evans Atta Mills of Ghana in Bata, Equatorial Guinea
- Ghana's President John Evans Atta Mills addresses the Africa-America Institute
- Prez Mills swears-in Deputy Commissioner of CHRAJ
- President Obama Pays Tribute to President Mills
- Mills' death is a huge and painful loss - Asantehene
- Kufuor mourns the death of President Mills
- Rawlingses express regret at Mills' death
- How the international media reported Mills' death
- CAF President Hayatou mourns Mills
- TEWU calls off strike in show of respect to late Prez Mills
- Ghanaians shocked by death of President Mills
- Bishop Dag Heward-Mills mourns Mills
- Upper East Region in shock over President Mills' death
- See all the Tributes »