Sports News Tue, 20 Feb 2018

Click to read all about coronavirus →

Bernard Tekpetey's home nearly razed down by fire

The home of Ghana winger Bernard Tekpetey was nearly razed down by fire while he was at a Bundesliga match over the weekend, GHANAsoccernet.com can report.

Firefighters broke into his flat to deal with a smoking cooking pot which triggered a fire alarm as smoke poured from the flat.

The dramatic incident happened on Saturday in what could have led to a serious situation but for the timely arrival of firefighters.

No injury was recorded as the Ghanaian arrived home half an hour after the incident.

Tekpetey, 20, is back at back at Schalke 04 after a six-month loan spell at Austrian side Altach.

The Ghana international was an unused substitute as Schalke beat Hoffenheim 2-1 at home over the weekend.

Source: Ghana Soccernet

Send your news stories to and via WhatsApp on +233 55 2699 625.

Join our Newsletter

Related Articles: