Commonwealth Hall murder: We will arrest all those implicated - Police

Video Archive
Mon, 11 Dec 2017 Source: www.ghanaweb.com

Public Relations Officer of the Accra Regional Police Command, ASP Afia Tenge has indicated that the Police will arrest all those implicated in the murder incident that happened last Saturday at the University of Ghana.

Speaking exclusively to GhanaWeb, ASP Tenge noted that the alleged murderer, George Mensah, 23, is currently in police custody and processes to remand him have been initiated for investigations to continue.

“When the police got to the scene, the victim had died and thereafter the police proceeded in arresting the suspect, one George Osei Mensah who is currently in police custody and processes are underway to get him remanded for investigations to continue,” ASP Tenge said.

She added that the suspect has been arraigned before court as the police continue to speak to some eyewitnesses who were at the crime scene to ascertain what ensued before the incident.

On Saturday night, December 9, 2017, reports came in that an Old Vandal, Martin Tweneboah Koduah, alias Chief Tipsy was stabbed multiple times at the charging grounds of Commonwealth Hall at the University of Ghana.

The incident occurred after a heated argument between the victim and the suspect after they returned to campus from the funeral of an Old Vandal.

According to the Old Vandals Association, the two were separated on several occasions during their heated arguments on the bus.

“The argument became heated and the two had to be separated on several occasions by others. It went on and on. So, when we got to Atomic Junction, the driver was advised to stop and the two were thrown out of the bus. Others joined them.”

“When they got to the Hall, they had not stopped. It was at this time that the killer allegedly grabbed the knife of the khebab seller and cut the victim several times with it. The victim bled profusely and was rushed to the Legon Hospital by the killer and some Vandals… the doctors could not save his life. He was pronounced dead at 1900 hours GMT,” the Old Vandals’ statement said.

Meanwhile, the management of the University of Ghana has called for calm among parents and the general public following the incident, noting that “no threat has been identified which could cause any danger to our students in this respect.”

It further said the Careers and Counselling Centre of the school is on standby to counsel any student who may have been traumatized by the incident.

Source: www.ghanaweb.com
Related Articles: