Click to read all about coronavirus →
It is a no-brainer that Zurich's hand was forced by money to release Ghana striker Raphael Dwamena.
On Monday, the Swiss club announced reaching a deal with newly-promoted English Premier League side Brighton and Hove Albion for the transfer of the 21-year-old, subject to work permit and international clearance.
The Black Star only joined the City Club from Austria Lustenau in January, but a combined 30 goals over the course of last season plus a double in this campaign's league opener means a quick Zurich departure became only a question of when and not how.
"From a sporting point of view, we regret this change very much," Zurich president Ancillo Canepa said about the latest development, as reported by his club's official website.
"But we wanted to meet Raphael Dwamena's dream of playing in the Premier League.
"We thank him for his fairness, his commitment to the FCZ and wish him all the best for the future."
Canepa's frustration, or more so Zurich's helplessness, is accentuated by his comments when news of an interest from England first broke.
"I do not comment on numbers, but we canceled the deal from England," he had said.
"I am concerned about the sporting aspect, we want to play the season with a powerful and ambitious team and we see Raphael as a key part of that agenda.
"So far, there's no offer in a financial position where I would be nervous.
"We have no economic need to surrender to Dwamena."
Dwamena was once on the books of Austrian giants Red Bull Salzburg, featuring for feeder side Liefering.
He has three caps for Ghana, for whom he netted twice on his debut in June.
Send your news stories to and via WhatsApp on +233 55 2699 625.