Kwesi Pratt Jnr is the Managing Editor of Insight Newspaper
The Managing Editor of the Insight Newspaper, Kwesi Pratt Jnr, has expressed disgust at what he described as ‘reckless’ comments by the Minority Leader in Parliament, Alexander Afenyo-Markin, regarding the Chief Executive Officer of the Ghana Gold Board (GoldBod), Sammy Gyamfi.
According to Kwesi Pratt Jnr, it was unacceptable for a senior political figure such as the Minority Leader to accuse individuals of criminal offences and speculate about their future bail conditions.
Speaking on Metro TV’s Good Morning Ghana on Wednesday, August 19, 2026, Kwesi Pratt said he was particularly disturbed by comments made by Afenyo-Markin at a recent press conference.
“I was completely disgusted. I’m using the word advisedly,” he said.
'We won't take moral lessons from the brothel' - Sammy Gyamfi fires back at Afenyo-Markin
Kwesi Pratt argued that the Minority Leader, as a prominent public figure, should exercise restraint when commenting on allegations involving individuals.
“I think it’s unacceptable. You cannot, as a huge public figure, and the Minority Leader is a huge public figure, accuse people of criminal offences and go forward to speculate their bail conditions as well in the future,” he stated.
He stressed that such statements were reckless and could have serious implications, especially when made by a senior political figure.
“I think it’s terrible,” he added, questioning how the Minority Leader would have felt if he were in the position of the GoldBod CEO and similar comments had been made about him.
Watch the video below
GOLDBOD: I was disgusted at Afenyo Markin's reckless comments - Kwesi Pratt#GoodMorningGhana #MetroTV pic.twitter.com/J6neFPPTrg
— Metro TV Ghana (@metrotvgh) August 19, 2026
MRA/VPO
#TrendingGH: 'We have used it for years' - Traders speak on Ethemax use