The Deputy General Secretary of the National Democratic Congress (NDC), Koku Anyidoho, has attacked the New Patriotic Party (NPP) flagbearer, Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo and his Vice Presidential Candidate, Dr. Mahamudu Bawumia, describing them as liars and disgraceful characters.
Speaking to Atinka News on Thursday, Koku Anyidoho said the duo should apologise to Ghanaians for brandishing what he calls fake Togolese voters’ register.
"If they had good conscience, they would apologise to Ghanaians. The more they try to tell lies, the more they are exposed,” he charged.
According to the controversial Anyidoho, because the two political heads have been exposed, they have pushed Peter Mac Manu, the party’s campaign manager to do the dirty work for them.
“Where is Bawumia? Where is Nana Akufo-Addo? . They are a disgrace to Ghanaians for peddling lies about the Togolese register and also hiring somebody to act as a spokesperson for the opposition Togolese party leader, who claimed that the NPP had an authentic Togolese voters register,” he fired.
“When Dr. Bawumia brought out the fake Togolese register, he said it was just 10% work in progress to show that the voters Register is bloated, where is the other 90% they said they would bring from other West African countries?,” Anyidoho further asked.
The NDC Deputy scribe claimed that the NPP are in hot waters because their stronghold is rated as the region with the highest number of double registration,
He warned that the security services are ready to deal with the NPP and their leaders if they dare foment trouble using the voters register as an excuse.